Throughout the course of our life time we experience certain life cycle events. Some of these events can be experienced with joy and excitement like marriage, graduation, a new job, a new relationship, and the birth of a child. While others leave us feeling down, sad, melancholy or even depressed. Some of these can be a divorce, infidelity, miscarriage, death of a loved one, a traumatic event, adjusting to becoming a new parent, having a medical illness or caring for someone who does, job loss, dealing with someone who is addicted or abusing substances, and stress. Feeling down, sad or depressed are natural emotions we experience but when it interferes with normal functioning it can be problematic to one’s daily regimen, activities, joy and quality of life.
The good news is these feelings like life cycle events will pass. Just like a lighthouse steering ships through stormy weather, at Lemieux Solutions Unlimited, LLC we are here to help guide you back to the shore to brighter days and happier tomorrows.
People who have experienced feeling “depressed” report
- Increased negative self image
- Decreased or increased appetite
- Decreased interest in normal or “fun” activities
- Possible thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself
- Increased substance use or turning to substances to cope
- Feelings of worthlessness, helplessness, hopelessness and guilt
- Increased fatigue – difficulty getting out of bed, low levels of energy throughout the day